Thursday, December 18, 2014

Quick catch-up

It's been awhile since I posted and it simply relates to very little free time.  So, I'll summarize the last couple of months quickly:

  • I lied in my last post about Avery's tantrums.  They are not gone.  In fact they are more present then ever.  She is so head-strong.  I have no idea where she gets it.
  • Halloween kept us very busy.  Avery got to wear her costume 4 times - my firm's Halloween party, Avery's school party, Holcombes' Halloween party and then actual Halloween.  Avery didn't mind wearing her costume that much though.  First she loved it (yellow crayon) and second, she immediately associated it with candy.  This was the first year we went trick-or-treating and Avery had a blast, but tired out early.
  • We visited the Greenwood King pumpkin patch again this year in hopes of scoring the perfect picture, but of course that did not happen.
  • We visited Blessington Farms one Saturday.  I think that will be our new fall tradition.  It's a nice time of year to be outside, check out some fun animals and tour a farm.
  • We hosted the Oklahoma (and North Texas) family in Houston for an early Thanksgiving.  It was a huge success and we greatly appreciate everyone making the long drive down here to be with us.  We loved seeing everyone and Avery loved playing with cousin Ellie.  (send us some pictures, Heather!!) 
  • For actual Thanksgiving, Jason, Avery and I went to Little Rock to spend it with the Krulins and friends.  We had an awesome time visiting with old friends and making new ones.  We visited the Clinton Library while in L.R. and it was really cool.  Avery was a trooper - she is such a great traveler.
  • The weekend after Thanksgiving Jason and I went to NOLA with the same group that was in Little Rock.  There were about 20 of us, so it was a pretty fun time.  We did a little shopping, of course ate too much and partied.
Now we are in December and I guess I should just accept this month will always fly by.  This is my busiest  month at work of the year, compounded by holiday parties, Lights in the Heights and other holiday events and there is just no stopping.  Good thing I love this time of year.  Avery helped put up the Christmas tree and "gets" Santa this year so it's going to be a lot fun.  She's asked for Olaf for Christmas.  I'll report back on what Santa brings here.  

Until the next post... Merry Christmas.  

Halloween with my friends. 

We went to a festival and I rode a cool ride.

OU/TX. I wore red and we won!

I baked cookies from scratch with mommy. 

Trick-or-treat.


Riding the trolly in Little Rock. 

That's Ms. President to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment