Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September

September has been a busy month. (I think I'll stop starting my blog posts by saying that though - they are all busy.) We started the month off in Charleston, SC with Jason's side of the family. It was an awesome vacation, and yet again, Avery did amazing on the flight. She loved the beach! Heck, the girl loves to travel! We rented a house on Sullivan Island right on the beach and it was beautiful. It was so nice to have your morning coffee while listening to the waves. We visited Charleston a few times, checking out the local food (fried, fried and fried) and the beautiful homes. The city is really cool, but I have an fondness for pedestrian friendly cities. It was also great to see Uncle B. & C. again and spend some quality time with them. 


We came back to Houston and I've been busy with work ever since. I had a last minute trip to San Francisco for "work" the second weekend and the third weekend Jason and I went to Denver for my friend Brent's wedding. My "work" trip consisted of a 7:00 a.m. flight Sunday morning to SFO, brunch, Houston/Raiders football game and dinner. Then a few hours of work on Monday in our Oakland office and a late flight back to Houston. Long two days, but fun!!

Denver was fantastic too. The weather was a little warmer then we'd hoped for, but otherwise perfect. We got in late Thursday night so just had a 10:00 p.m. dinner. Friday morning Jason and I hiked Red Rocks and were inspired by all the locals working out there, that we decided to run the amphitheater seating (1.8 miles zig-zagging from the 19th row to the top). It was really cool! Friday afternoon/evening we just hung around downtown. Saturday we visited Great Divide Brewery (which was awesome) and on our way to a second brewery we stumbled into Denver's Oktoberfest. Jason was in heaven. Brent and Rachel's wedding was that evening and it was a beautiful affair.  Perfect outdoor wedding. 

We got home from Denver at 3:30 and Jules and a few others had arrived around 4:00. (She was home from Saudi for 3 days). It was wonderful to see Jules, Laurie, and Vanessa along with the new babies, Gavin and Pierce. Jules gave Avery her first Barbie doll which came from Saudi and she loves it! She has literally slept with it every single night since she got it.   

Speaking of sleeping, Avery loves her big girl bed. She gets so excited crawling into it each night.  And, surprisingly, she hasn't fallen out once.   

Avery is doing great and really blossoming into this smart, happy little girl. The tantrums we were experiencing a while back are far and few between. She is doing great at potty training. She gets it, she sometimes just doesn't want to stop playing to go tee-tee. It's a process though and in my opinion she is doing just dandy.  

Her favorite color is yellow still although she asked that her Halloween costume be blue. I'm not falling for that though. If I bought her a blue costume, she'd flip out the day of and refuse to wear it.  

This month all the exciting fall festivities begin. This weekend we have mother/daughter weekend while Jason has the house to himself. The following weekend Jason and I are going to Lake Charles to gamble and watch the OU/TX game, then pumpkin patches, farm visits and Halloween parties. Hopefully the weather starts to cool down for all these fun activities. 

Aunt Julie.  



Avery's first night in her big girl bed.

Red Rocks.
I took this picture for Caleb.  I thought he'd appreciate the artistic style of it. :) 

Family photo in Charleston.

Avery after a chocolate ice cream.

Blurry picture, but I love it. 

Our crazy little girl. 


Avery, DeeDee & Pops.

Visiting the beautiful homes in Charleston. 





No comments:

Post a Comment