We've had a great summer filled with lots of fun activities. I think Avery's favorite weekend activity is birthday parties because she gets to sing her favorite song, "Happy Birthday", and eat a cupcake! Little does she know, birthday season is over for her. We'll still spoil her with the occasional cupcake though, so I think she'll be okay.
We went to Hyatt Lost Pines the first weekend in August with 3 other HKG families and it was awesome! That place is amazing and I'm going to insist we go back annually (or bi-annually). They had a big pool, kiddie pool, lazy river, splash pad, animals, bike rides, smores, etc., etc., etc. You name it and they had it. When we first arrived at the hotel Jason went to check us in so Avery and I took a seat. Not but a few minutes later, hotel employees came in to the lobby with Alpacas. Alpacas! I didn't even know what an Alpaca was, but I do now (super soft mini-llama, basically). The staff was super friendly and answered all of our questions and Avery liked petting the animals. Avery also got a close look at a snake and watched the butterflies and the long horns. The weekend was just perfect. The dads golfed on Saturday morning and the girls hit the spa on Saturday afternoon. We roasted marshmallows after dinner each night then put the kiddos to bed. After that, the adults met on the lawn outside our rooms for cocktails.
Avery moved up from the Weebits to PreK2 at Esperanza. This next level is a little more structured, a bigger class, and they do curbside drop off which neither Avery, Jason or I liked the first week. We're getting the hang of it now though. Avery will be taking Spanish class and Kid Fit starting in September. We finished her Weebits year with a party at our house for all the families that were in A's class. It was a lot of fun - 10 2 year olds running all over the house. I've really enjoyed meeting the parents of the other kids at Esperanza - they are all really cool, which makes those birthday parties I dreaded pre-Avery, much more fun for me and Jason.
In addition to the class move up, Avery has several other big changes on the horizon. We're in the process of potty training, although haven't started full press yet. Right now, she is potting in the potty about 75% of the time at school and 50% at home. In the next week or two (most likely after vacation (Charleston)), we'll devote an entire weekend to it and get her trained.
She is also about to transition into her big-girl bed. I had been thinking about moving her out of her crib for awhile, but the decision was made for me this past weekend during nap time when I heard her yelling "I'm stuck, I'm stuck". I went into her room and she was straddled over her crib - half in and half out. I guess it's time.
Finally, Avery is coming around to eating some veggies. I use the term "veggies" loosely, since it's baked snap peas and frozen, dried peas. But, it's better than nothing. She's getting pretty good at negotiating too, so I can say two more bites of X and you can have Y. I've also resorted to "Avery on the count of 3. 1, 2, 3...." Things I swore I'd never do as a parent, but it works with her so it's staying.
Avery's likes: Legos, the color yellow, singing Happy Birthday and all things Maddie
Avery's dislikes: veggies, being told what to do and having her hair brushed
Lost Pines
 |
| Avery was unsure of the snake. |
 |
| The kids had lots of treats one night at dinner so the adults were helping them burn off the energy. |
 |
| Avery and friends. |
Weekly Friday Pictures
Other Fun Stuff
 |
| Cupcakes |
 |
| More cupcakes |
 |
| Baking cookies on a hot summer day. |
 |
| Hanging with cousin Jonah. |
 |
| Big girl in training. Literally. |
 |
| Big Girl Panties!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment