Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer time


It's been a relatively slow summer which is a nice change given the spring.  June was quiet, with the exception of the World Cup.  Jason and Avery visited Pops and DeeDee and I had a nice weekend home alone - the first in over 2.5 years.  Fourth of July we spent in Galveston with the Holcombes.  That was a fun filled weekend with water play at Moody Gardens, fireworks and a visit to the Pleasure Pier.  Then we had a visit from Uncle Brad and Avery's first baseball game.

Avery is doing great.  She is developing her own identity that is full of personality.  She is definitely hard-headed and stubborn.  No idea where she gets that from.  She is smart and funny. She knows all of her colors (her favorite is yellow) and she can count to 11 with no problem.  She can identify majority of the letters in the alphabet on request.  She loves books and to read.  She LOVES her kitchen Nana bought her and her new picnic table Uncle Jerry made her.  It's yellow too (of course).  She is branching out in trying new foods, but is still anti-veggies.  She has learned about "treats" though and is open to trying all new kinds of treats.  I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but this blog is primarily for family so I can.  

Right now Avery is working on sharing and "ours" vs. "mine".  Mine. Mine. Mine.  We hear a lot of that right now.  It's just a stage, right?  

Here are some pictures of the past 7 weeks.  

Cheering on the U.S.

Playing on my new picnic table.  It's perfect size for me. 

All dressed up. 


With my best friend Maddie at Moody Gardens. 
 


Sparklers were the only fireworks I liked 

I got to drive a car at the Pleasure Pier. 

Maddie & I dressed up for photos. 


I was home sick from school one day so Mommy and I laid on the couch and watched Frozen.  I watched an entire 20 minutes before I was over the TV. 

Go 'Stros!  I could yell as loud as I wanted here. 


Family photo. 

With Uncle Brad.  I like it when he visits. 

Notice the common theme in most of these pictures is yellow.  That is all Avery's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment