Busy, busy, busy. Since our last post we've had 5 doctors' visits, 3 different antibiotics, 3 shots, 2 ear infections, 1 visit to Urgent Care (at 12:00 a.m. on Christmas)
and moved into a new apartment. On top of that, I've been sick. Luckily, I think that is all behind us.
One of the 5 doctors' visits was to an ENT and Avery is scheduled to get tubes on January 29th. As much as I don't want Avery to have to "go under", I like it less that she has been on antibiotics since early October and is having reoccurring ear infections. The Dr. said her ear infections will likely go down 85-90%, which is huge! The funny thing is, minus about 4 days around Christmas, Avery has been in the best mood. Even when she was vomiting daily over the break (due to the ear infections), she always had a smile on her face. I think the ear infections were hurting us more than her.
So, needless to say she didn't have the best first Christmas. She did get lots of toys though including her Orangutan Clyde from Uncle Brett. She wasn't scared of him at all. We visited Great Granny & Poppa on Christmas day which was nice.
Avery is still not crawling but is completely mobile. If she wants something across the room, she will get it either by rolling or scooting. It is only a matter of time. She has two teeth now and is growing like a weed. She must have had a growth spurt because she looks completely different than she did six weeks ago. She lost about a pound in December because she was eating less and throwing up frequently and lost her adorable chubby little cheeks. Once that appetite picked back up though her cheeks didn't come back. Her adorable little (Big Ole) belly and chubby little thighs are gone too. She is leaning out. I guess it was bound to happen.
 |
| I got two teeth (and still have my chubby cheeks). |
 |
| Daddy loves me. |
 |
| Me and Clyde. |
 |
| Uncle B. helping me open presents. |
 |
| "Wow, I like this toy." |
 |
| Best spot in the house. |
 |
| With Uncle Caleb & Uncle Brett. |
 |
| Having a tea party with all my friends. |
 |
| Clyde wouldn't miss it. |
 |
| Happy 8 months. (Notice my cheeks are gone). |
No comments:
Post a Comment