Friday, May 25, 2012

Three weeks today.


Today Avery is three weeks old and I think we're starting to get the hang of things.   Jason went back to work on Monday so it's just been me and Avery at home this week.  It's actually been quite nice.  Once I stopped trying to work during Avery's naps, the down time has been great.

Avery is growing like a weed.  To us she already seems so big.  I'm not sure how much she weighs now, but she has definitely gained some weight.  We've had two doctor's appointments since we left the hospital.  She was born 7lbs 4ozs and was 6lbs 10ozs when we left the hospital.  By the time we had her first apt. she was back up to 7lbs 4 ozs and at our last appointment at week two she was 7lbs 11ozs.   We don't have another doctor's visit until 2 months at which time she gets her shots.

I think we've got the days and nights figured out now too which is great considering I do love my sleep.  She's been sleeping 3-4 hour stretches in the evening so we feed her before we go to bed then only have to get up once during the night and then again fairly early in the morning.   Whether I get to go back to bed depends on how quickly she goes back to sleep. :)   Last night was a great night though - she slept 8 hours.  I woke up in a panic at 6:00 a.m., but she was still just snoozing.

Here are several pictures of the last couple of weeks:

Avery's first photo shoot
I love this one because she is smiling.




She pooped on Dad.  We should have know better than to wear white.




We've had lots of visitors, including Joe. 

One of Avery's many faces.

Quality time with Dexter.
3 Weeks (She has a healthy appetite).
2 Weeks


































No comments:

Post a Comment