Monday, April 6, 2015

February & March

I haven't written in awhile and a lot has gone on over the past two months so here is a quick overview... 

Maddie welcomed home her baby sister in February, so we kept her for a night so Stephanie and Randy could get a break (from two children).  Avery totally got the concept of a sleepover and the girls loved cuddling up and watching a movie before bed: 

watching a movie with Maddie

I went to NYC with my mom in mid-March.  I've been to New York probably 10 times and this was the first trip I did a lot of the "touristy" stuff.  We visited the 9/11 Memorial, Empire State Building, Statute of Liberty and saw a show on Broadway. We also had a yummy dinner with Brett and Caleb which was nice.  It was a lot of walking (18 miles in 3 days to be exact), but both my mom and I had a great time. 

View of Manhattan from Ellis Island (not a good picture)

While we were in New York, Jason and the other HKG dads took the kiddos on their first camp trip.  I've been told, minus sleeping, it was a success and they will do it again.  

I can't rotate this picture - but it's worth a post anyway

Birthday season is here, which is a fun way to spend time with friends during the spring.  So far we've had Benjy's birthday and Amelia's.  This is the first year where the kids "know" each other so its been fun.  It's now "Williams from camping" and "my friend Amelia".  We also celebrated Jason's birthday.  Avery had a hard time letting Jason open his own presents though.  

Daddy (and Avery) LOVED the cookie cake

Avery is going through a princess phase right now.  She loves the colors yellow and pink and wearing dresses.  However if she wears a cute dress or tunic she insists on wearing pants under it.  To her she is a princess.  

Life is rough

Avery loves "Frozen" right now

Lastly, we just got back from our last family-of-three vacation in Grand Cayman.  31 weeks pregnant, pregnancy-related kidney stones, a 3 year old and extreme heat made for an interesting trip, but it was awesome!  Hard for me, but awesome! Grand Cayman is still my favorite go-to beach.  This year instead of just staying at the resort we rented a car and got out each day.  We went to Rum Point, the Turtle Farm, Hell and just drove around and checked out the island.  Avery did awesome in both the pool and ocean, but I think she prefers the ocean.  She's going to do great in swim lessons this year, which she started last weekend. 


At Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman 

Chillin' at Rum Point

2nd Annual Easter Egg hunt on Seven Mile Beach.  I REALLY want to make this a tradition.

Oz - that's where cousin Sammy is.


Avery was so excited for this trip.  This is the first time she actually "got" the whole vacation thing. 



A few funny Avery things going on right now: 

  • When she doesn't want to be kissed or hugged she says: "my body is closed."  I assume she learned that at school but I told her she can keep that saying well into her 20s.
  • When she puts on her sunglasses she says "Rock star".  No idea where she got that one.
  • Everything is "no, I do it".
  • She is very excited about becoming a big sister.  Emily James will be here in 8 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment