We've been busy since the last post. Since Avery got her shots we've been going non-stop. I finally feel confident getting her out of the house and certain I can handle (alone) all situations that might arise out in public. Avery doesn't mind being in her car seat (as long as we're moving), so that helps. We've made trips to the Galleria, the grocery store and Target. We even went to a baby shower for baby Hart Taylor. All without incident. Our big news to report was our trip to Seattle.
Our friends Vanessa and David got married in Seattle on July 28th so we flew up there for vacation before I return to work. It was Avery's first plane ride, hotel stay and visit to the water. She loved every minute of it (she slept a good portion of all of it), but she was great. D'Ann went with us so we could go to the wedding without taking Avery and the extra set of hands of course was nice. In Seattle we went to Pike's Market Place, The Waterfront, Space Needle, EMP Museum (music, pop culture & sci-fi), Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit (amazing), Pioneer Square and did lots of walking. It was Avery's first time in a museum and a memorable one. We decided to feed her before we went into the museum. It was a beautiful day so we sat in the grass underneath the Space Needle and gave her her bottle. After she ate, she had a poop accident on her clothes. Since she doesn't ever spit up, I've quit caring a change of clothes. Bad idea! Poop everywhere and no extra clothes. So, we did what any parent would do - we left her in her diaper, strapped her in her car seat/stroller and covered her with a blanket. :) I think she felt liberated strolling through a few exhibits naked. The museum did have a gift shop though so after awhile we bought her a great Beatles onesie (that is actually 12 months, not 3 months so a bit big. It's all they had...o'well). It was a wonderful trip and great way to wrap up my maternity leave.
We returned from Seattle on Monday so I've had one more week to spend with our little girl before returning to work. It's been bittersweet. I thought I was ready to go back to work, but Avery is just now becoming so animated and fun, that now I don't want to leave her. She smiles at me all the time and makes the cutest little noises. We're holding out for her first giggle which should come any day now. She is becoming very strong - she's putting a great deal of weight on her legs when you hold her in the standing position. Once she becomes mobile I'm certain there will be no stopping her.
She also had another visit from DeeDee, Pops, Uncle Brett & Caleb this weekend. We went out to dinner, grilled out, hung out in the pool and went to White Linen Night in the Heights which was fun. Avery loved all the extra attention.
Right now...
Avery hates: tummy time (I don't think she'll ever crawl).
Avery loves: sight-seeing/traveling, playing "strong legs" and of course being held.
 |
| White Linen Night |
 |
| Hanging out with Uncle Brett. |
 |
| The Family at Pike's Market - Avery didn't like the smell of fish. |
 |
| Us at the Space Needle. |
 |
| With DeeDee at the Chihuly Exhibits (just waking up from a nap). |
 |
| At Olympic Sculpture Park on the waterfront. |
 |
| On the boat for Vanessa & David's wedding. |
The Many Faces of Avery
Avery's Three Month Picture
My how much she has grown....
No comments:
Post a Comment