We've had a great summer so far and I have taken full advantage of being off work these past seven weeks. We celebrated Father's Day and Jason received a trip to the
Great American Beer Festival in Denver in September. He was pretty excited about that. He was also excited about his new coffee mug with the girls pictures on it…it's the little things.
Jason and Avery had breakfast with the gorillas at the Houston zoo in June, then they took a father daughter trip down to Galveston with Randy and Maddie at the end of June. They went to the beach, got ice cream, ate pizza and went fishing. I stayed home with Emily.
For the Fourth of July we went to the Holcombes' beach house and had an awesome time. We also celebrated my birthday there where Avery and Maddie sang karaoke Happy Birthday to me at the restaurant that evening. It was awesome - I just wish I had it on video. They did it in front of probably close to 150 people.
Our most recent trip was to Pflugerville to visit Pops and DeeDee this past weekend. It was nice to have a few extra hands to help out and to just relax. Avery spent a couple of extra days there and went to her first real movie. Apparently she lost interest half way through, but otherwise did well in the theater.
The family is doing really well and everyone is adjusting to the new "normal". Avery still loves her baby sister and has calmed down a bit with the attention seeking behavior. I'm handling a new baby a lot better than I did the first time around and Jason is enjoying his time with Emily too. She is a really good baby, but hates to nap (Avery was the same way). Of course that is partly on me for not getting her calm enough to fall into a good slumber. It works out for us though because she is sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at night - from 10:30 p.m. to 5 or 6. You cannot beat that for a six week old (knock on wood - God I hope I didn't just jinx us). She turned 6 weeks yesterday and is as sweet as can be. She gave me her first smile in response to my voice about two weeks ago and has been doing it ever since. She loves to hear me sing and to lay on Jason's chest. We cannot believe she is already 6 weeks - my how time flies.
Next up for the Williams clan is a visit from Uncle Brett, Uncle Caleb, Pops & DeeDee, a week vacation in Colorado with the Holcombes in August, then Jason and I are going to Vegas for our fifth anniversary (!!!) and then Lost Pines with the Heights Kids Group. Awesome trips ahead!
 |
| Breakfast with the Gorillas (and Daddy, Maddie & Mr. Randy) |
 |
| Avery's first time fishing |
Playdates
Birthday/Fourth of July
 |
| I was inspired by Pinterest and had time so made patriotic treats for the 4th. |
 |
| Avery refused to take a picture with us all weekend |
 |
| Best Friends |
 |
| Safety first at the beach house - yep, we're in a golf cart. |
 |
| We had to sneak in behind Avery. She doesn't know we're there, but Emily does. |
 |
| Seriously, the best two dads I know. |
Two different occasions, but always right next to one another.
 |
| Sweet Emily hits one month. |
 |
| Avery LOVES Pop's ribs |
No comments:
Post a Comment