Wednesday, October 17, 2012

5 Months

Okay, so it's 5 1/2 months...I've been busy.   Busy, busy, busy.   I feel like for the last 6 weeks we've been going nonstop.  We seem to have something going on every weekend and work is crazy busy.  By the time we pick Little A. up from daycare and get home, we feed her, get a little play time, bath and then she's in bed.  Unfortunately we don't get to spend a lot of time with her during the week.  That's what makes the weekends that much more special though.

After Avery's four month check up she started having major issues sleeping (just ask D'Ann & Jerry - they volunteered for night duty one night.)   She was literally waking every 45 minutes to an hour and a half, 5-6 times a week and this went on for 6-7 weeks.  I'm not sure what the issue was.  She had her first stomach bug and then a cold.  Followed by another cold and now has a minor ear infection.  Poor girl.  I can only assume that is what has been causing her nights of interrupted sleep.  We've had a few good nights though so hopefully we're back on track.

Avery LOVES daycare.  Every morning when we walk into the school she gets this huge smile on her face.  She knows exactly where we are.  She loves her teacher, Ms. Sandy.  Jason and I really love the school too.  Everyday they are doing something different.  Yesterday it was stroller rides and today it was tracking bubbles and reading books.  They learn colors, sensory, sounds, music, books, motor skills...you name it, they do it.  The stroller ride is pretty cute.  The stroller holds 8 babies so it's quite a sight.

Avery can now roll over front to back and back to front, but doesn't do either too often.  She is also close to sitting up.  Surely by the next post she will have mastered it.

We also took a trip to Oklahoma this past weekend to visit family.  Nana and Papa Stretch (as well as Uncle Brad and Aunt Heather) loved spending time with Avery.  Nana also let us sleep in when we were there so that was much appreciated.

Avery loves: tummy time (finally), eating, music and being sung to.
Avery hates: sleep and when you take her bottle away

Here are a few pictures of the last month:



She loves her feet. 

Precious girl.  

Family fun time. 

With Aunt Jules watching Daddy's Titans play.


All dressed up for school.

Uncle Brad came to visit. 

So did Uncle Brett.  I drooled all over him. 

5 Months. 

Another great day for school. 

Tummy time. 

And I'm beat.  Cleaned, full and ready for bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment